How to forward emails from committee accounts to individual members
You can have email sent to a committee's "shutesbury.org" account automatically get forwarded to individual members. This needs to be set up via the gmail "Settings" page of the email account.
The key is creating a filter rather than using the forwarding settings - forwarding only works for one address, whereas multiple filters can be created. There are two steps; first you need to add the addresses that will be forwarded to, then you can create filters to forward to those addresses.
- Login to the committee email account at https://gmail.com
- Click the "gear" icon, and select "Settings"
- Click "Forwarding and POP/IMAP"
- Then click the "Add a forwarding address" button - repeat for each person who will get forwarded to.
That person will get an email asking if they will allow mail to be forwarded to them. They will need to confirm that. Then you can set up a filter to forward to them. Again from the commitee's email account at gmail:
- Click the gear icon, select "Settings"
- Click "Filters", then "Create a new filter"
- In the "To" field, put the committee email address; then click "Create filter"
- The next screen shows "When a message arrives that matches the search" - click the box for "Forward it to", and choose the address to forward to. All addresses that have confirmed from the first part above will be listed.
- Click "Create Filter".
Then repeat those steps for each person who should get emails. You'll see a list of the filters, e.g., something like: