P.O. Box 276
Read Our Town,
Join the Town Email List
The town has a mailing list for town announcements and information from town committees. To sign up, use this form, or email
Town Committees and Officials: Submit a message for the town email list.
Sign up for Emergency Notifications
The Fire Department maintains a separate system for contacting residents in case of emergencies. See the Fire Department page for more information and a link to enter your contact information.
Welcome to Shutesbury, a rural town in Franklin County, MA, established as Roadtown in 1735 and incorporated as Shutesbury in 1761, named for Governor Samuel Shute. This is the official town Web site, maintained by the town’s Web Committee.
- Voter Reigistration for March 1, 2016 Presidential Primaries must be done by February 10th This includes changing parties or change of address. Contact the Town Clerk or get information and on-line forms from: http://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/eleifv/howreg.htm
- What would *you* like to see listed here? Do you check in regularly, looking for updates? Drop a note to firstname.lastname@example.org to share your thoughts and interests for the "What's New" section.
- Looking for an upcoming meeting? Browse the Calendar, by clicking in the top menu line.
- For the latest info on the initiative to bring broadband internet services to Shutesbury, click here: Broadband Committee.
- 2015 Town Hall WiFi Use Policy
- The latest "Our Town" newsletter is available from the Newsletter page.
Did You Know?
- Please help make public meetings accessible to all, attend fragrance-free. For more information, please see this message from the town ADA Committee.
- All Town and School Employees and Volunteers are mandated by statute to complete an online ethics test. For more information, go to the Town Clerk’s page, or call 259-1204.
- The town has a system for automatically contacting residents in case of emergencies. To read more and enter your contact information, see the Fire Department page.
- Online Tax Payments are available — See Tax Collector’s page.
Recycling & Trash
M.N. Spear Memorial Library
Wetlands on Montague Road