P.O. Box 276
Read Our Town,
Join the Town Email List
The town has a mailing list for town announcements and information from town committees. To sign up, use this form, or email
Town Committees and Officials: Submit a message for the town email list.
Sign up for Emergency Notifications
The Fire Department maintains a separate system for contacting residents in case of emergencies. See the Fire Department page for more information and a link to enter your contact information.
Welcome to Shutesbury, a rural town in Franklin County, MA, established as Roadtown in 1735 and incorporated as Shutesbury in 1761, named for Governor Samuel Shute. This is the official town Web site, maintained by the town’s Web Committee.
Council on Aging:
- Check out the fresh new info on the Council on Aging webpage, at http://www.shutesbury.org/council_on_aging. Look over our offerings, and share it with those who might be interested!
Town Meeting Information:
- 2016 Town Meeting warrant, budget, Finance Committee summary and Planning Board proposed Solar Bylaw documents are linked here:
Copies of these document were put in the mail 4/27/16.
Please help the library with ongoing strategic planning efforts by completing this community survey. The survey will close on Tuesday, May 10th.
Select Board announcement:
All are invited by the Shutesbury Select Board to join in a Social Hour to Meet the Candidates on the Ballot for the Election on May 1 and to Thanks those Volunteers who are leaving committee participation after years of service to the Town. Come to the Shutesbury Elementary School, 4 - 5:30 on Sunday May 1. There will be refreshments.
Town Clerk Announcement:
Shutesbury has an open Town Meeting, which means every citizen who is a registered voter by April 16, 2016 is entitled to vote on articles presented at the Annual Town meeting on May 7, 2016 as well as cast a ballot for local government officials running for election.
Absentee Ballots for the May 7, 2016 Town Elections are ready now. Please see the Town Clerk's page for how to obtain an Absentee Ballot.
Town Elections News
Nomination papers for 9 of the eleven open seats are complete. The candidates that will be on the May 7th ballot are:
Board of Health 1 seat – *Catherine Hilton, 5 Kinder Ln.
Cemetery Commissioner 1 seat – *Marilyn E. Tibbetts, 273 Pelham Hill Rd.
Constable 1 seat - *Marilyn E. Tibbett, 273 Pelham Hill Rd.
Library Trustee 2 seats – *Michele Regan-Ladd, 464 Wendell Rd.
Bradley R. Foster, 579 West Pelham Rd.
Moderator 1 seat – *Penelope G. Kim, 187 Leverett Rd.
Planning Board 3 seats – *Linda C. Feduik-Rotondi, 4 Leverett Rd.
* Jeffrey R. Lacy, 29 Old Orchard Rd.
1 open seat
School Committee 1 seat – Matthew S. Galman, 167 Baker Rd.
Lauren J. Thomas-Paquin, 307 Wendell Rd.
Select Board 1 seat – 1 open seat
Write -In candidates must have a complete name and street address. Stickers with this information are accepted. For more information on voting, click on the Town Clerk's Page.
What would *you* like to see listed here? Do you check in regularly, looking for updates? Drop a note to email@example.com to share your thoughts and interests for the "What's New" section.
- Looking for an upcoming meeting? Browse the Calendar, by clicking in the top menu line.
- For the latest info on the initiative to bring broadband internet services to Shutesbury, click here: Broadband Committee.
- 2015 Town Hall WiFi Use Policy
- The latest "Our Town" newsletter is available from the Newsletter page.
Did You Know?
- Please help make public meetings accessible to all, attend fragrance-free. For more information, please see this message from the town ADA Committee.
- All Town and School Employees and Volunteers are mandated by statute to complete an online ethics test. For more information, go to the Town Clerk’s page, or call 259-1204.
- The town has a system for automatically contacting residents in case of emergencies. To read more and enter your contact information, see the Fire Department page.
- Online Tax Payments are available — See Tax Collector’s page.
Recycling & Trash
M.N. Spear Memorial Library
Wetlands on Montague Road