P.O. Box 276
Read Our Town,
Join the Town Email List
The town has a mailing list for town announcements and information from town committees. To sign up, use this form, or email
Town Committees and Officials: Submit a message for the town email list.
Sign up for Emergency Notifications
The Fire Department maintains a separate system for contacting residents in case of emergencies. See the Fire Department page for more information and a link to enter your contact information.
Welcome to Shutesbury, a rural town in Franklin County, MA, established as Roadtown in 1735 and incorporated as Shutesbury in 1761, named for Governor Samuel Shute. This is the official town Web site, maintained by the town’s Web Committee.
- Help Wanted: Selectboard Administrative Secretary, click for details.
- Regional Agreement Working Group Report to the Regional School Committee, Jan. 13, 2015
- Amherst Regional School Committee meeting agendas are now posted at the regional district's website: www.arps.org instead of on the Shutesbury.org calendar page
- Preschool and Kindergarten Enrollment for Fall 2015
- 2015 Town Hall WiFi Use Policy
- Draft Minutes of the Jan. 7th meeting of The Regional Agreement Working Group, a sub-committee of the Amherst Regional School Committee.
- The Town of Shutesbury Draft 2014 Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan is now available, see the Emergency Management page.
- The Community Preservation Plan for FY 2015 is available from the Community Preservation Committee.
- Wired West is working on bringing Fiber to the Home to Shutesbury and 40 other Western Massachusetts communities. See the Broadband Committee page for more information and link to an online form to register your interest.
- The Open Space Committee has completed a new Draft Open Space & Recreation Plan, available for public review from the Open Space Committee page.
- The latest Town Newsletter is available from the "Our Town" page.
Did You Know?
- Shutesbury celebrated its 250th birthday in 2011. There were many activities planned throughout the year; see the 250th Anniversary Committee's page for details.
- Please help make public meetings accessible to all, attend fragrance-free. For more information, please see this message from the town ADA Committee.
- All Town and School Employees and Volunteers are mandated by statute to complete an online ethics test. For more information, go to the Town Clerk’s page, or call 259-1204.
- The Shutesbury Zoning Map is available from the Planning Board.
- The Town Administrator’s Weekly Reports are available online.
- The town has a system for automatically contacting residents in case of emergencies. To read more and enter your contact information, see the Fire Department page.
- Online Tax Payments are available — See Tax Collector’s page.
- Police Incident Logs are available online; click on “Incident Log” link from the Police pages.
- The Shutesbury Master Plan is available online from the Planning Board.
Recycling & Trash
M.N. Spear Memorial Library
Wetlands on Montague Road