P.O. Box 276
Read Our Town,
Join the Town Email List
The town has a mailing list for town announcements and information from town committees. To sign up, use this form, or email
Town Committees and Officials: Submit a message for the town email list.
Sign up for Emergency Notifications
The Fire Department maintains a separate system for contacting residents in case of emergencies. See the Fire Department page for more information and a link to enter your contact information.
Welcome to Shutesbury, a rural town in Franklin County, MA, established as Roadtown in 1735 and incorporated as Shutesbury in 1761, named for Governor Samuel Shute. This is the official town Web site, maintained by the town’s Web Committee.
- Prelminary applications for proposed use of 2016 Community Preservation Actfunds are due November 30th. For more information and application forms, see the revised CPC plan on the shutesbury.org website.
- Trash bags are now available at Town Hall
- It's time to bring high-speed fiber internet to Shutesbury!
Go to https://register.wiredwest.net to sign up now and send in your $49 deposit. To sign up online, you will need an Amazon account; or you can mail in a check with an application available on the website. (Your deposit will be held in escrow and applied to your broadband service once it's available.) For more information, see the Shutesbury Broadband Committee.
- 2015 Town Hall WiFi Use Policy
- The Town of Shutesbury Draft 2014 Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan is now available, see the Emergency Management page.
- The Community Preservation Plan for FY 2015 is available from the Community Preservation Committee.
- The Open Space Committee has completed a new Open Space & Recreation Plan, available for public review from the Open Space Committee page.
- The latest "Our Town" newsletter is available from the Newsletter page.
Did You Know?
- Please help make public meetings accessible to all, attend fragrance-free. For more information, please see this message from the town ADA Committee.
- All Town and School Employees and Volunteers are mandated by statute to complete an online ethics test. For more information, go to the Town Clerk’s page, or call 259-1204.
- The town has a system for automatically contacting residents in case of emergencies. To read more and enter your contact information, see the Fire Department page.
- Online Tax Payments are available — See Tax Collector’s page.
Recycling & Trash
M.N. Spear Memorial Library
Wetlands on Montague Road